Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Overwhelmed . . . anyone?

It's been feeling a bit crazy around here lately.  I have lots on my plate while managing many irons in the fire.  It seems like everywhere I look I have piles . . .piles . . .and more piles!
 Mountains of laundry
 School piles to organize
 Mail piles
 Garage sale piles
 A pile of hand me downs for my cute nephew who I haven't been able to snuggle yet
 Piles of magazine ideas
 Messy piles of fabric, ribbon and buttons waiting to be made into blooms
 I did find a cute pile of suitcases
 And the cutest pile of necklaces
After piling on her accessories, Maggie ran into the room and yelled 
"Ta dah!"

When I find myself in these seasons when I don't have much time to manage my "piles" I tend to let little things cause me ridiculous anxiety.  I start to borrow worries from things I can't control or from items on my "to do" list that are weeks and MONTHS down the line (the garage sale, Vintage Whites Market, Vacation Bible School, planning school for NEXT year, etc).  It becomes an avalanche of needless worry.  So today I am taking many DEEP breaths and reading and rereading a few of my favorite verses.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 7:34

"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

I too often attempt to do life without my ultimate Helper.

Have a marvelous day!



No comments:

Post a Comment