Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 15, 2014

It's Always Worth It


Have I mentioned we've had a KA-RAZY summer?
Yep.
It's been nutty.

ALL wonderful, fun , and meaningful events,
just a bazillion of them squished in a few weeks time frame.

And you know what?
It's ALL worth it. 

All the crazy running around, shopping, packing, laundering, repacking, cake baking . . .
Every little bit of it has been filling my heart to the brim.
Actually, it's overflowing.

So in true Amy style, I shall now bombard you with pictures documenting all the fun.





We have an annual tradition of camping with Josh's sister and her family.
We have only missed 2 summers in the last 10 years.

 We fish, swim, hike, and eat fabulous food.

 It was so fun watching the girls fish with their Uncle Bill.

 And they caught lots of fish!

 These annual trips are so special to our family.


After that fun adventure we had 3 days before we headed on another camping adventure.
And in those three days my college roomie was in town.

So we squished in  some time


Too short but super sweet visit.
I adore my Nicole.

Also in those 3 days we celebrated our Maggie Nicole who turned FIVE! 

How is my baby FIVE???

I'll share more on her birthday celebration in a few days.

So then we headed to Sisters, OR for a family reunion camping trip.

Again we were surrounded by family who we love so so much.


 We went to a fish hatchery and saw ginormous fish.

My Grandpa is so near and dear to my heart.
I don't get to see him nearly enough.

 But oh how I treasure the time we do get to spend together.

 I absolutely adore watching my aunts and uncles love on my kids.



 They swam, boated, star gazed, caught bugs and attempted to catch a snake!

So yes, it was a wee bit exhausting.
But would I do it again?
In a heartbeat.
This is what life is about right?
Spending time with people you love.
Making priceless memories.


I should also mention,


This Mr. Hottie Pants 
turned the big 4-0 while we were camping.
Love him to the moon and back.

So what do I hope you glean from this mile long post?
Make the effort.
Travel to make it happen.
Do whatever it takes to make those special memories with your loved ones.

Now . . . I'm off to wrap presents for yet another birthday celebration.


3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful summer visiting family and friends. I wish summer vacation could last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, making such special memories with your family. Yes, it takes effort and we get tired and weary, but when we look back, it was worth it all. This made my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun memories!! I am jealous of all the family around you!

    ReplyDelete