Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 6, 2012

Scenes From The Weekend


Goooood Monday Morning!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Me you ask?
It was delightful!


My hubbie and I had a short but sweet get-away with dear friends.
Our Friday night started with a fun dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant.
We got to the cabin, jumped into pj's, scooped huge bowls of ice cream and stayed up late watching a movie.
We slept in, drank lots of coffee, and spent time in our bibles with this view . . .


 After having a yummy breakfast


and playing a few games,
we headed to the hills to go snow shoeing.

 It was a beautiful hike to a little look out point.


 Can I tell you how much I love these girls?
Rachel and Alisha are sisters and I am so blessed to have adopted them as my sisters.
(missed you Em!)



The rest of the gang stayed all weekend,
but Josh and I headed home Saturday evening.

We came home to our precious girls to pop some popcorn and watch old episodes of 'Little House on the Prairie.'
Love that show!
We made some ice cream and my official taste testers approved.


Sunday was church, prepping for school, a little bloom making,
snugging up with books,


and of course eating too much while watching the Super Bowl.

Hooray for starting a new week feeling refreshed!

Have a marvelous Monday my friends!

9 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend. Love your kitchen ideas too, isn't it fun to decorate and make it your own. Happy remodeling!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for the get-away, Amy. May you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this pretty much sounds like the best weekend evah! and your fam? adorable, adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous! What a fun getaway with what look like super fun friends! I wish we would get snow here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmmmmm, i wanna go snow shoeing with you!! boo :( ok...i'll stop now.
    you're weekends are always much enjoyed, huh?? i love that. my kids love little house too. LOVE!!
    i did school planning yesterday too.
    OH!! and i'm busy getting ready for my mom to come, but i'll call you tomorrow afternoon to discuss the plan while i drive to atlanta to get her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It still amazes me that you enjoy a snow feeled weekend and I live in 80° weather in February. Love living my snow filled days through your weekends. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun times! It's so nice to unwind with great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, glad you had a good weekend! I wish we had snow in Michigan- you would think we would.. but we don't. I feel like winter was somehow skipped this year!
    -Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you got to get away! I need to get that on my agenda! :) xo

    ReplyDelete