Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 2, 2012

Scenes From A Delightful Christmas Break




We had a WONDERFUL 
Christmas break.
Now I'm  
trying  
to get back into the swing of things.
It 's not easy.
I kinda got use to sleeping in, not wearing make up 
and eating too much chocolate.
But I am looking forward to working at a few goals and 
embracing what God has in store for 2012.

So here are a few (bazillion) pictures that capture our week.
We were so blessed by my folks coming for Christmas.
The girls adore them.


We made Happy Birthday Jesus cupcakes.

 Maggie thought they were ok.

We take a long time opening gifts.
I love it.
We have cinnamon roll breaks, we'll play with a new toy . . .
No rush.

 We got new ice skates to use in our rink.

Oh my!  
Ice skating is a hoot!
  
Is 35 too old to start training to be a figure skater?



 Even my cute Mom gave it a whirl.


 We tried to play as much as possible.




 Do you see my bribery lolly pop?
It worked.
She wore her gloves the whole time 
and I don't think she even licked that thing once.


We had plenty of relax time too.



  Thank you Nana and Papa for coming to our house for Christmas!

We had a wild and crazy New Year's Eve.
It consisted of movies, games, wrestling . . .
  

and some serious knitting.

I know.
I'm KA-RAAAAZY!

It really was a splendid break.
I loved all the relaxing.
But as much as I loved it,
I'm ready to get back into the routine.
And I'm ready to start all my unrealistic goals and house projects.

 Hooray for 2012!

Let's do this!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great vacation! I love your ice skating rink!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI SWEET FRIEND!!! missed you too!! looks like a great christmas you all had. and LOVE that ice skating rink! you're never to old to try for the olympics :)

    ReplyDelete