Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Garden Of Knowledge


Good Morning!

Bare with me this morning 
as I get a little deep with you.

The other day I was working in my garden.
Usually, I am the deadheading queen- instant gratification.
But this summer, I didn't get around to it much.
Hence, pretty flowers surrounded by spent blooms.



From afar, you don't really notice the shriveled petals.


But when you take a closer look, it's not very pretty.


I also noticed that my neglected plants were a lot wimpier- their stems are puny- not as strong.
This is when I started thinking of my own life.
What do I have in my life, that is robbing nourishment?
What can be "deadheaded" so I can be stronger, happier, and "prettier".
A few things jumped out at me right off the bat-
things that rob valuable time- TV, Facebook, blog-hopping,  . . .
Then I started thinking of past goof ups that have been forgiven, 
yet I hang on to them for some odd reason-
and they rob my joy.
Then I started thinking of "things" outside the home 
that take time away from my family.

Yep, there are a few things I can "deadhead" 
so that I can be stronger and full of joy.



Anything you should be "deadheading"?

Alright, enough deep thoughts for today.

Hope you have a beeeeeeeautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. this is so good, amy. i can't imagine you with very many deadhead areas, but i guess we all do. and your house/garden. wowwowowwow!

    ReplyDelete