Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 11, 2013

She's 10




My sweet first born baby turned 10.
She is SO excited.
Turning 10 is a BIG deal in kidville.
She's two whole hands.

I'm sure you know where this momma's heart is. 
I am so happy for her, but my heart most certainly aches a bit.
Knowing that in a blink of an eye, we'll be singing 'happy birthday' as she blows candles in the 'teen' numbers.
 I'm going to EMBRACE these next 9 years- every bit of them.


We don't do friend parties every year. 
But you better believe turning 10 is one of those special years when you get a party.

We decided to have a crafty party!





These sweet girls were amazing!
So creative and confident in their crafty skills!

The first craft we did was decorate their apron.
We had fabric markers, buttons, felt blooms- all sorts of bright adornments.



It was so fun working with these precious girls.
Who would have thought I would be teaching anything about sewing! HA!



The next craft we tackled was mod-podging their initials.




They turned out SO cute!




Next on the crafty docket was a scrappy fabric banner.
They loved this one!

 We had tons of  fabric organized by color, bits of lace and some twine and they tied knots to their hearts content.


It was so fun to see the color choices each girl made- all unique in a beautiful way!

And the last craft was making a few fun bloom clips.
I think this was their favorite.


Give a girl some blooms and a glue gun and she will make some adorable hair clips.
But you'll just have to trust me since I didn't get any pictures of that one.

I'm still smiling thinking about our lil' shin dig.
I am so thankful that my girls are blessed with these sweet friendships.




My heart is also filled to the brim with gratitude for the three amazing women who helped me.

My dear mother-in-law
 I may have called her in a panic bright and early Saturday morning.
Five minutes later she was at my house ready to help.

My cousin and one of my closest dearest friends Grace.
She really did know what she was doing with the sewing.
What a blessing she is!
Every time I thought I needed to do something, 
she was already on it. 


And my Alisha.
My wing-woman.
My partner in crime.
She has the most beautiful servant's heart.
In fact the reason I even have pictures to blog with is because she took most of them.

I too have been blessed with incredible women in my life.
Friends who just do things when they see they need to be done.
They know me.  They get me.  And I am SO BLESSED that they do life with me.
I could not have done this party without them.

I'm still smiling as I write this.
Feeling incredibly blessed with friendships.

I have prayed so much for the friends in my girls life and my life.
My prayers have been beautifully answered.




6 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this party idea. We threw your ice cream cone party and this might be our next come May. And I don't even want to think about Ema turning 10 (or any of my children but especially my 1st born!). I still have trouble believing she is 7. Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! Those little girls went home with some wonderful goodies. Even I would love to be invited to a party like that.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most fun mom!!! This party is a little girl's dream come true! I bet she had dreams about it :) And yes, ten is a really big deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! My oldest is turning 10 in a couple months...how did that go by so fast???

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a great example for your girls, Amy! You know what is important, what they need and how to throw a VIP 10 year's old party! I love the crafts! Colette

    ReplyDelete